Sunday, July 19, 2009

Finally made it to 1 ponytail!



And can you believe, there are no clips in my hair! I use the Chicoro method to smooth my edges, and lay my hair down. 

Here's how I do it:

1. In the shower, I co-wash and smooth my hair towards the back of my head. This first smoothing step involves the use of a Denman brush to detangle/smooth the strands.
2. I lightly rinse the conditioner out in the front of my head (I want some conditioner to stay in the middle, because I will continue to add more water to my hair during the smoothing process, and I don't want my hair to dry out, so I keep some conditioner in it. The remaining conditioner will/should be rinsed out by the time that I'm done smoothing). 
3. Then I smooth shea butter on my edges, my nape, and the remainder of my hair. 
4. I grab my boar bristle brush/any soft brush, wet the brush and then gently brush the edges of my hair. 
5. Add more shea butter on edges/top & middle of hair.
6. Add gel just to edges.
7. Smooth with wet brush.
8. Tie knee sock over front of head ensuring that all hairs are inside.
9. Grab remaining hair and pull into a ponytail.
10. Done :)


Chicoro's method is pretty much the same as mine, except she demonstrates how to do this on dry hair. My hair is too short to do on dry hair, I need it to be wet so I can really grab it to fit into the ponytail holder. Check out Chicoro's method to see detailed pictures 
here: 

http://public.fotki.com/Chicoro123/hair-care/tutorials/smooth-hairline/

The top of my hair still does not reach the back of the ponytail holder, so if I were to wear a ponytail, I would need to put some clips there to hold the hair down. I can't wait until my totally fits into a ponytail holder, nice and smooth, with no need for any clips! The end of this year I hope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment