Tuesday, May 26, 2009

K.I.S.S. banned me from the site!

I am going to finish creating my blog primarily because I was BANNED from K.I.S.S. for writing a blog, titled "Are there any LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) people on this site?" Two people responded and then the blog was deleted by an administrator. I tried to contact a moderator, and the creator of the site to ask why my blog was deleted because I didn't see anything inappropriate about it, and I had no copy of the blog on my computer. I put a lot of thought into writing that blog and I wanted it. I was not given any reason why the blog was deleted so I posted another response just to see whether or not my blogs really were being deleted and that too was deleted!

I wrote the blog because I always go on the site to give women advice. I love blogging and I love hearing other people's perspectives. So I went to the forum to respond to questions and I saw that the relationship forum had a specification that said "Male and female type relationships only". I guess that this meant only heterosexual relationship advice and problems can be discussed. I found that to be very unnecessary, dividing and offensive to LGBT people. I wrote a blog and said that I have the privilege of walking down the street with my boyfriend, holding hands without getting harassed. That is a privilege that all heterosexual people have. Unfortunately, LGBT people do not have that simple civil right. As a black female, that has been discriminated against on the basis of race and gender I could NEVER tolerate anyone discriminating against someone on the basis of sexual orientation, because I know how it feels to be discriminated against because I'm black and harassed because I'm female.

One woman, responded that her mother is bisexual and its a shame because of the prejudice that she goes through. I could not read the rest of her response because the blog was deleted. Another woman responded about how she never knew how close minded she was about LGBT people until she went to college.

It's a shame because I created three groups on the site that were all fairly popular and that I checked into daily. One was "College Students Trying to Maintain Healthy Hair", "Short Women Rock" and "TWA Grow Out Challenge." I can no longer access any of it because I have been BANNED from the entire site. No explanation, no warning, no response. I don't see how my blog was inappropriate at all! How could I get banned for this? Martin Luther King Jr. said that "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere" and I truly believe this. If K.I.S.S. is willing to ban me because I wrote a blog about how LGBT people should be treated equally, and how people should be tolerant, than that is a site that I do not want to belong to.

I want my pictures to be deleted from the site but I do not know if I will ever be able to do that. You can see my hair photos on my fotki site here: http://members.fotki.com/Amil/about/


     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1426998986659301"
     data-ad-slot="5990106871"
     data-ad-format="auto">

13 comments:

  1. Hey. I am a member of Kiss and I was one of your 'friends'. I am truly shocked and sorry to hear this. I found out about your blog from your 'TWA grow out' group. It is sad to hear that people still discriminate especially since were are a minority. But I guess that some people are unwilling to address certain topics because they are ignorant and/or afraid.

    I picture Kiss differently now and I will make sure that I write a post about what happened to you (hopefully it will not get deleted).I want you to know that I enjoy your posts and I will continue to follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH... is there anything you would like me to put in the post??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amil i am also a member of KISS (For the moment) and i commented on Alana's post. 5 minutes later it was deleted. I dont know what kind of "social" network doesnt allow people to be social.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear what happened Amil. Ansley posted a blog about it. I have really enjoyed following your hair journey. Maybe you can join another site like www.Hairlista.com or www.Hairsistas.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They banned me! but I am not surprised for some reason. Monilove4027 and Makeda were right 5 minutes later after the post...Whoooom! Gone!! lol So much for fighting the good fight. I thought for a second about joining incognegro from another computer just so I can secretly get my revenge. But its not worth my time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I can't believe that they did that! And with no explanation! That's really messed up. I will def Follow you here now, BC buddy. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Amil (Love the name by the way),

    I am a member of KISS but I never go on there. it just seems boring and uneventful to me. I'm a member of Hairlista, the site ur on now. If you want to contact the administrator, just message Traycee @ keepitsimplesista.blogspot.com.

    I think you will find Hairlista a bit more interesting. We're a little less strict. But that's messed up that you got the boot with no type of warning or explaination. I sympathize with u.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I'm also a member of KISS & I can't believe they banned you for this! Ridiculous! They must be homophobic & that's not cool. I just joined Hairlista a few days ago and I like it better than KISS already. Not sure if I'll keep my KISS account but thankfully there's Hairlista for you! HHG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's absolutely ridiculous. I was actually thinking about checking out the site, but I refuse to support a site that promotes discrimination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am not a member of KISS and now i will not be joining that website. i am heterosexual but i do not support discrimination in any form. (SMH)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Amil: I wanted you to know that YOU are responsible for me coming to Hairlista. I found this blog and then wondered what KISS was, and did research. I must agree with other posters. I have an acct there but the site is not as robust as Hairlista and honestly, I don't want to have to post and then wait for it to be "approved". Ugh. Whatev. Go ahead on girl, speaking up. Where would we be without people like you who took a stand for others? MLK did the same thing and look what he accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Honey!! I'm following your blog! Come chack mine out!
    Congrats honey!

    Laine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm crazy late (like two years late lol) but just wanted to say that it was ridiculous that they banned you from the other site for that post and though I've never heard of them, even if i were to now, I DEF wouldn't join/support. Just out of curiosity, did they ever notify you about deleting your account?

    ReplyDelete