Monday, June 15, 2009

Bentonite Clay...

So yesterday, I did cleansed my hair with Bentonite (I mix mine with raw apple cider vinegar).

Pros:

Cheap (it doesn't take much so this jar should last me for a while)
Curl definition is immediate, and last for a while
Non-Toxic
Not messy after you get the hang of it
Loosens the curl-makes your hair hang more


Cons:

Takes forever and a day to rinse out!
Even when you think it's all rinsed out, its not!
Leaves residue on my scalp
I usually have to use shampoo to get all the remaining particles out anyway
Best to be rinsed out in the tub or sink because you don't want this running into your privates when you rinse in the shower (I don't like hanging my head over the tub and its too big to fit under the faucet so this is a con for me)


The Verdict:

Will I still use Bentonite Clay in my hair? After I used it yesterday, my sister and I took my nieces to the park and my hair looked great. I loved it. But then she told me that there was some stuff on the back of my neck, just a little bit she said. When I got home, I looked in the mirror and my hair looked great. But later that night my scalp felt a bit weird. So I looked in the mirror and shined my lamp on my head. My hair looked really dull which was the first clue that something was wrong. As I parted my hair in the front of my head and rubbed my fingers on my scalp I saw dust come up! Bentonite clay was still in my hair even though I had rinsed it out with cold water, and warm water, and cold water again and more hotter water, all while my head was hanging over a tub and blood rushed to my brain!

I couldn't believe that it was still in there, and when I tried to rinse it out, some seemed to be stuck in the curls in the front and it just wouldn't come out. I had to use shampoo to ensure that all of the clay was out, very very annoying! I brought Bentonite to eliminate the use of shampoo yet I still have to use it.

So, I will still use Bentonite because I love how it defines my hair. I will continue to experiment with ways that I can get all of the clay out while using little to no shampoo to help me do it.


     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1426998986659301"
     data-ad-slot="5990106871"
     data-ad-format="auto">

No comments:

Post a Comment