Monday, June 29, 2009

BET AWARDS

Ok, the show opened with Jamie Foxx which cracked me up! I thought the show was going to be great.

I was let down by some of the performances because I expected them to sing certain songs but they decided not to for example, I would have loved for Beyonce to have sung Halo but instead she sung Ave Maria and then she went into singing Sarah Maclahlan's song which I love that song...when Sarah sings it.

Loved Jamie Foxx's first performance, liked Keri Hilson's, liked Jay Z's, loved Maxwell's and all of the throwback singers that came out The O'Jays, Guy, Bel Biv De Vo, Guy, Keith Sweat, Tyrese etc. etc. but then...

Drake came out and I thought ok, here is his chance to introduce himself to a lot of people that still are iffy about him, or that still don't know him and...

Lil Wayne DESTROYED it, and not in a good way. He ruined Drake's performance and just ended the show on a bad note!

The majority of his performance was bleeped out, and all words couldn't even be bleeped out because whoever was in charge of that job couldn't tell when he was going to curse.

And they had the nerve to have little girls on stage dancing to a song that says "I wish I could F&*% every girl in this world"...

It's not all about the curse words to me, it's more about the content, and most people that have heard that song know that the content of that song is just not appropriate for little girls to be dancing to. Granted, if I was little I know I would probably have danced to that song too, but around my parents I would not dare play that song. That's how I felt when I watched that performance like we all know that kids are probably listening to this song but to actually SEE it up on stage in front of millions of viewers...

I don't know about you, but that pissed me off.


     style="display:block"
     data-ad-client="ca-pub-1426998986659301"
     data-ad-slot="5990106871"
     data-ad-format="auto">

1 comment:

  1. I felt the exact same way about everything. Drake could have done so much better, and I just saw his music video for Best I Ever Had, and it's an epic fail. He's gotta do much better.

    ReplyDelete